Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chim Chiminee

"Have you taken a picture yet?" Stuart asked me this when he walked in the door around dinner time. I had the counter covered with baking sheets and fajitas. Chicken Fajita Pizzas were on the dinner menu. I'm a one-thing-at-a-time girl and putting pizzas together was my one thing.

"Take a picture of what?"

"Of the kids. Have you seen the kids?"

"Oh. That." I had seen them but it hadn't occured to me that it was a moment. The pizzas, you know.

Stuart put down his computer case and, still in his jacket, he grabbed the camera to record the children (re) blackening their faces.
Photobucket

Then he pulled brooms from the pantry and equipped each of his chimney sweeps with one.
Photobucket

And he didn't even mind that dinner wasn't quite ready or that some of the black came off on the wall around the mirror.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Adorable! I love your new blog header, too!

Sarah said...

I especially love their very black noses and clean brooms! How did they manage to not get it all over the house?!

sem

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Were they watching Mary Poppins? I'm going to be sure and NEVER show my kids this picture, because they will be sure to do this the next time they see the movie!

What did they use to blacken their faces?

Xandra

The Small Scribbler said...

Xandra,

No, they've not seen Mary Poppins in ages. They rubbed pencil all over a sheet of paper and then rubbed the paper all over their faces.

Kate

Heather C said...

LOL... I love the noses!! How cute!

Sarah said...

Oh, pencil on paper. That's how they were so neat. Mine would have been emptying the ashes from the woodstove all over the house. They'll never see this post, or anything on the Boston Tea Party or Mary Poppins either.

sem