Friday, June 27, 2008

Art Lessons

To all who asked, my kids do take art lessons. I always feel like I am walking into the Renaissance when I go to pick them up because the room is full of painters, each working on a different piece. All the artists are generous in offering suggestions. This really pushes each person to keep improving their work. I think my kids learn as much from studying the progress going on around them as they do from working on their own paintings. It's a wonderful approach to art.

4 comments:

After a cup of coffee said...

Thanks for the info :)

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

Obviously they're learning, because their work is beautiful. Glad to hear from you.

Alyson said...

wow wow and wow.

Hey...I have 31 chickens now! AND a Llama!! oh...and a Rooster ;)

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

wow Kate those are so good! Did you ever do Drawing with Children? We are starting that this fall. K is in art classes too through. She loves it.

I also wanted to invite you to a pilot Bible study I am doing at my blog. No pressure just pray about it and let me know if interested.
Much love,
Angela