We're slow starters in the morning. The children lie on the sofas and read. Charlie sits and eats a graham cracker and a bowl of yogurt at the table before breakfast. Lauren and I take turn cooking oatmeal, or muffins, or scones... We eat somewhere between ten and eleven. Today, in the midst of all this leisure, the house became exceptionally quiet and I went to figure out why because "too quiet" is never a good thing. Except that it was today. I peeked out the living room window into the backyard and found five chairs and five children lined up on the patio. I opened the door and everybody shushed me. "Hush, Mama. We're watching the birds. Come sit with us" Six or seven hummingbirds were zipping around the feeder, frantic to fill their little gas tanks before they migrate. The children were silent, heads tipped up, eyes squinting against the morning light. I went in to get the camera. I took a few pictures of the children but could not capture the hyperacti...
Comments
Great job, kids!
Love ya!
Ang
you know we appreciate good artwork!! WOW!
They are beautiful...I am leaving them up to show the kids, they will LOVE to see them!
alone or with a teacher?
they really are special!
peace,
lori
Oh, and I loved your series on John. It will be exciting to get more in depth with my kids in the next few years (beyond questions like "Is God bigger than a giraffe? Is He bigger than a tree?)
steph.
love the new picture on the sidebar! cute.
I enjoyed catching up on your blog.
Love your new profile picture!
And little Alyssa? So glad you shared that with us!